Full Evaluation Of Skills
- Use criterion-based if you can not do standardized tests.
- Look at what they can do functionally
- Compare your results from other domains. Are any other areas impacting communication?
- Keep in mind these kids have lots to work on. Choose a few high priority goals
- Collaborate with other professionals to target similar or complementary goals
- Consider which skills will help functionally the most
Work with Students
- Know goals and skills for all other areas. This will help you make accommodations as needed (Making Accommodations For Kids with Physical or Visual Impairments)
- If working on functional goals, work in natural setting
- Collaborate with other team members regularly to identify problems and get the big picture