Goal: Eliminate Initial Consonant Deletion
Student will eliminate the process of initial consonant deletion by spontaneously producing consonants at the beginnings of words in sentences with at least 80% accuracy.
Download the No-Prep Therapy Kit:
We have a start-to-finish therapy kit that will give you everything you need to practice this skill in therapy and send home homework. Click the packet below to open it. Then, print it out and place it in the child’s notebook or binder.
- Auditory Discrimination: Student will receptively identify the difference between two minimal pair words where the words sound the same except that one word has an initial consonant and the other does not (example: up and cup) with at least 80% accuracy.
- Production in Single Words: Student will produce single words with initial consonants with at least 80% accuracy.
- Production in Phrases: Student will produce initial consonants in 2-3 word phrases with at least 80% accuracy.
- Production in Sentences: Student will produce initial consonants in sentences with at least 80% accuracy.
- Now, move on to our “carry-over and generalization” kit. Click Here to Get the Carry-Over Kit