Goal: Retell a Past Event with at Least 3 Details in Sequential Order
Client will retell at least 5 different past events with at least 3 details in sequential order without using visual cues or graphic organizers.
Download the No-Prep Therapy Kit:
We have a start-to-finish therapy kit that will give you everything you need to practice this skill in therapy and send home homework. Click the packet below to open it. Then, print it out and place it in the child’s notebook or binder.
- Answer Questions to Determine Steps: Client will answer questions about a past event with at least 80% accuracy to determine what happened first, next, and last, using picture cues as needed.
- Write/Draw the Three Steps: Client will write or draw the three steps to a past event in sequential order on a piece of paper to show what happened first, next, and last for at least 5 different past events.
- Retell Events with Visual Cues: Client will use visual cues or a graphic organizer to retell 5 different past events with at least 3 details in sequential order.
- Retell Events without Visual Cues: Client will retell at least 5 different past events with at least 3 details in sequential order without using visual cues or graphic organizers.
- Once the client is able to work through this process with you on five different past events, you can periodically ask the client to tell you about a past event without going through this whole process.
Here are some other resources that may help you when working on this skill:
Need some extra help on treating this skill? Check out these related training videos: