Goal: Produce the /p/ Sound
Student will produce the /p/ sound in all word positions in sentences in the therapy environment.
Download the No-Prep Therapy Kit:
We have a start-to-finish therapy kit that will give you everything you need to practice this skill in therapy and send home homework. Click the packet below to open it. Then, print it out and place it in the child’s notebook or binder.
- /p/ in Isolation: Student will produce the /p/ sound in isolation (by itself, not in a word or with other sounds)
- /p/ in Syllables: Student will produce the /p/ sound in non-sense syllables
- /p/ in Words: Student will produce the /p/ sound in all positions of single words (beginning of the word, middle of the word, and end of the word)
- /p/ in Phrases: Student will produce the /p/ sound in all word positions of 2-3 word phrases
- /p/ in Sentences: Student will produce the /p/ sound in all word positions of simple sentences
- Now, move on to our “carry-over and generalization” kit. Click Here to Get the Carry-Over Kit
Here are some other resources that may help you when working on this skill:
Everything you need to teach a child how to say the /p/ sound correctly from start to finish. Includes instructions, pictures, and places to collect data. Great for parents to use at home or for speech-language therapists to send home as homework (or for kiddos who don’t qualify for speech yet).